Insurance and Plates for argo in Ontario?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Insurance and Plates for argo in Ontario?

Insurance and Plates for argo in Ontario?

I live in ontario and would like to know if you need insurance and plates for your argo been told you don't and also you do called the local mto and the girl said that she was not sure because it is some what like a boat and there was no one in the offfice that could give me an answer

For many may years.....up untill about two years ago, yes you didnt need anything to drive anything amphibious anywhere in ontario, but it has all been changed, now you need to register it as an ATV, that is why Argo is so helpfull in getting you an ownership for older Argo's now.

ok put you don't needs plates is that what you are saying and if I do need a owner ship how do I get one I would think the guy I'm buying off of would have one but just incase how would one get this infore

Just contact ODG(argo) and they will help you get it registered, you dont need plates if you stay on your property, anywhere else you do, but getting plates is simple when you have an ownership, you simply just buy a plate

owner ship

Did not get an owner ship with my argo.Got bill of sell when trying to get regesterd they told me that the # was to a boat trailler.Dose any one no what to do know

hey i went through the same run around,contact argo they will give you o form that is a manufacture form with the serial number of your machine ,then you have to get an affidavid from a lawyer sighned as to manufacture year serial numbers who you bought it from bill of sale ,tell them the macine was never registered,they register now as aatv ,you have to go through the hoops, and give them all papers maybe your serial number matches a trailer serial number on file ,make sure its registered as an argo,anymore problems feel free to email me

i went through all the hoops on your private property you dont need anything all other properties including frozen lakes you need insurance ownership and plate,helmets are also the law for everyone in it,this is for ontario.

well got some good news call a local dealer near me and he help me out with the warranty registration form.show I hope this will help.Good thing is it is not a 1987 it is a 1990 show one thing is it is not as old as we were told thank you every one for your help i will let you know how I make out

just went through the same ordeal here in essex county. no two people seem to have the same awnser. i was shown the paper issued by the mto by the lady that works here in the local liscence bureau and it clearly states that you need a registered atv plate for a 6 or 8 wheel argo. i went with a receipt from the guy i bought it from along with the warranty registration and a copy of the original sales receipt from the local argo dealer, but had to get an affidavit made up and have it notorised (?). check with your municipal office where you live (town hall) as they have people who are registered to do this. here in lakeshore it is provided as a free service to all tax paying residents. they also do it right away as opposed to having to make an appointment.the plate is a one time fee. i think its 15 bucks.you will need insurance if you are riding off of your own property. (good luck with that too...that's another thread) not sure about helmet though.
    Last edited by argo8mag; 02-21-2009 at 04:32 PM.

I think if you are a member of the o.f.a.h. you are covered by your member ship if you are hunting or fishing but I am not sure I will call and find out and let you guys know what they tell me

+ Reply to Thread