Future 6x6 owner has questions...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Future 6x6 owner has questions...

Future 6x6 owner has questions...

Hey yall...

Just joined up, im from hudson MI, and im 23, and no, i dont have one yet, hopefully this spring...but anyways just a few questions...

How capable is a 6x6 when compared to a quad? We have a ORV park 30 mins from my house, and after tearing up my F250 back there i need something to ride

I have wanted one of these things since i was like 8...and i iwas also wondering, what are some things to look for as far as common problems and things....probley gonna get a max, they seem to be cheaper then the argos, and im looking in the 1500-2500 range....hopefully that can get a decent machine?

thanks.

Hey DZG, welcome......

Quote Originally Posted by dzg View Post
    How capable is a 6x6 when compared to a quad?
    Very! Each machine is different from the next, and it's dependent on overall condition, tires, horsepower, driver experience yadda-yadda..... Maxes and Argos are pretty common in the market right now, so I think you'll be able to find something within your price range quite easily. You could always go with an Attex or a Hustler (or one of many different brands) that use the same transmission as the Max and have pretty good results, too.

As far as common problems go, take a review of the Used AATV buyer's guide here....

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...r-s-guide.html

It's a GREAT article, and it'll put you on the right path for getting every penny's worth when you finally purchase a machine....

Keep us posted on what you end up with.....

I will for sure keep you guys posted, im really glad i stumbled on this site, i didnt think id ever find a site dedicated to 6x6's.

Im looking at Max's, probley a max II ( i dont really need the extra capacity of the IV, plus, the II's look cooler IMO), and i would prolly take it to the ORV park, maybe mount an outboard and use it for fishing, and in the winter use it to tow my ice shanty out onto the lake, and maybe get a plow and use it to make some money .

I chose a 6x6 cause they seem safer, more capable, and there different.

One question though, i have heard some people say they have serious reliability problems, but i havent really found anything on this site to really back that up....Im pretty mechanically inclined and i cant imagine these thigns could be much harder to work on then say, a lawn mower....

thanks.

if you want a ride in an argo PM me. i live in Alto just across town from you.
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

where is alto?

Dustin, from you, he is about 40 minutes the other side of me.
    It would be cool for you to be able to check out both Max and Argo at the same time though. Now all we need is to get LarryW to put his back together and you can chech out an Attex too. Hey Larry.......hint hint hint.

Thanks for the offers guys, ill pry hit both of ya up if ya dont mind in the next few weeks to get some better ideas, ive never seen one in person, much less rode in one, ive seen them run in videos and things, and thats what made me want one so bad i can taste it....

thanks guys.

I will for sure keep you guys posted, im really glad i stumbled on this site, i didnt think id ever find a site dedicated to 6x6's.

Im looking at Max's, probley a max II ( i dont really need the extra capacity of the IV, plus, the II's look cooler IMO), and i would prolly take it to the ORV park, maybe mount an outboard and use it for fishing, and in the winter use it to tow my ice shanty out onto the lake, and maybe get a plow and use it to make some money .

I chose a 6x6 cause they seem safer, more capable, and there different.

One question though, i have heard some people say they have serious reliability problems, but i havent really found anything on this site to really back that up....Im pretty mechanically inclined and i cant imagine these thigns could be much harder to work on then say, a lawn mower....

thanks.
    Just like any piece of equipment, it's reliabilty is a direct response to the upkeep. Yes we break and have problems but since you said you are mechanically inclined there is nothing to it. There is a large supply base for parts and members that are glad to answer questions when they come up. Some of these machines are 40 or so years old...yet they are still on the trails running............hmmmmmm! That says something for it's self. AND it doesn't cost $65 a hour to fix them.

The average use of the machines is about 50 hours a year. I mentioned average, some may see more and that would be a sign to lead to a commercial use. So check real close if they have more use.

Another thing that you can do with these machines is personalize them to your likes and wants......add options or take away. (See racing and springer section for personalized.)

This is one of the tightest knit groups i have seen. Glad you have decided to join us. Take your time ride several of the machines and then make a decision. All machines have pluses and minuses, there is no perfect machine that will do it all, so use Hydro's advice and use the buyers guide and if you can take a member that knows the machines with you, that is even better. This is my opinion.
    Hope this helps.

where is alto?
    just south of Lowell
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

I really appreciate the hospitalty of everyone so far, espically towards a newbie who doesnt even have an atv yet , maybe when i get one we'll all get togther and invade bundy hill!, as far as i know a 6x6 hasnt even set tire in there yet.

Thanks trebmaster, i decided to stop being lazy and see where alto is via mapquest , its bout 2 hrs from me so not super bad.....id like to check out your machine as well sometime in the near future, i just wanna make as informed descion as i can bout this, cause ill pry have it forever so i wanna be happy with it

+ Reply to Thread