old argo lower tub repair-What's good to use for repairing them?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: old argo lower tub repair-What's good to use for repairing them?

old argo lower tub repair-What's good to use for repairing them?

Can anyone tell me what's a good sealent for the plastic tubs on the old 70's argo's?

The best sealant for a poly tub is....Well, poly. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...dy-repair.html

I found a crack on the lower body. An old rusted nut was wedged between the frame & the tub causing the tub to split from pressure. I bought a plastic welder, the type has a flat iron on the end. It was difficult to get on the inside of the tub but i heated mostly the outside & used the plastic welding rod that comes in the welding kit & fused it & covered it. It seems OK.. I'm removing all the axle bearing covers & re sealing them. My 70 has the 3 bolt style flanges. Hopefully next time on the water It is dry inside. I did install a bilge pump up front & have another 1 coming for the middle.

+ Reply to Thread