Argo Tires and Wheels

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Tires and Wheels

Argo Tires and Wheels

Need new tires and wheels for my 2013 Argo 750 hdi and don't want to pay the price for stock tires and wheels.
    Buggy only has a couple more years of life.

Currently has AT189 24x10x8 that came with the buggy.

Was wondering if I could get a standard ATV wheel 10 inch and put a 22x10x10 tire on. Not sure about the bolt pattern and offset.

Any ideas?

Most Argos will have a 20 year lifespan with nominal maintenance. A 750 Hdi is a great machine, and one of the best Argo has produced. I think you would be better off keeping OEM tires that will swim. Lots of folks have experimented with different tires and rims over the years, including myself, and I think the overall opinion is not to go with atv tires and wheels as aggressive tires will cause bearings, chains, and sometimes axles to get damaged.

If you would be better served with an atv, you could always sell the Argo and purchase a four wheeler or UTV, or keep the HDI for the more demanding situations.

Argo has a place in my heart, but Texas coastal salt water marsh is hard on machines. We are switching to mud boats, but I would like to get a couple more years out of my argo. All maintenance is on me...no dealers in my area and those bearings were a bear to replace...not doing that again.

Thank you for the advice. I have found a tire and wheel for $135 made for small tractors that might work...northern tool. 23x9x12 with 5 lugs. I run tracks, so thinking they might work. Still thinking on it.

You may want to take a look at these:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/27498255299...CABEgJ5KfD_BwE

I know several people have run these with and without tracks.

+ Reply to Thread