What now!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What now!

What now!

Nearly every time I use my 1998 Max, I end up with an issue. I don't abuse it or pound on it in any way, just casual riding around our property on trails. Now, it will not turn left. When I pull back on the stick to go left nothing happens. Any suggestions?

I know its frustrating. Check to make sure the plungers are correctly adjusted. If they are out of adjustment it may not be traveling far enough to engage the band for the breaking action.

As far as having frequent problems, I tell people that if you aren't very mechanically inclined and patient then stay away from these 6x6 machines. You have to have a keen eye (and ears) and be diligent with preventive maintenance.

Sometimes only one side will engage with the shifter. Best bet is to get all the wheels off the ground with the top open and see if all your linkages are working correctly.

My max was steering and handling perfectly and then all of a sudden I was not able to turn left. It was not a gradual thing. But I will check the adjustment As you describe

My max was the same for the first couple rides after I thought I was finished working on it, it would steer fine for a couple minutes then nothing then eventually no steering at all, the lining ended up being stripped off the bands.i doubt that's your issue but is a possibility.
    DanW

Sounds like either the bands need relining or one has broken all together if this happened all of a sudden
    Hold My B..R and Watch This!!!

+ Reply to Thread