Argo Avenger 750 efi Possible fuel blockage problem

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Avenger 750 efi Possible fuel blockage problem

Argo Avenger 750 efi Possible fuel blockage problem

My friend John, who just bought a new 08 Argo Avenger 750 efi, was having a problem with his motor starting and running. It would just barely start, would sputter then die. He tried for a really long time and finally pulled out the manual. It said first thing was to check the gas line. Well, he did, turns out there's an "L" plastic connector or elbow, installed by the factory, right before the gas filter that has a really sharp turn to it made by the stiff rubber hose that hooks up to it and it therefore was putting a lot of pressure on the elbow, actually pressing on it downward to try and snap it off. Well, it almost did but instead, it developed a hairline crack in it. Only way he found it was by handling the gas line and seeing if there were any kinks or whatever and it started leaking fuel when he moved the elbow. Also, the clear fuel filter was not filling up with gas. Anyway, anybody with a new 08 Avenger 750 efi may want to check their gas line and make sure the elbow isn't under a lot of pressure from the stiff hose line trying to bend it or break it off. John, put a straight plastic connector he got at the auto parts store for $2 in there and a longer hose to make the curve not such a tight turn and it works as designed now. Could disable you when you're too far from the truck/trailer. Argo may want to change that.

Dennis
    "Let's Roll" when he used to wake me up in the mornings for school in the 50's.
    My Dad, Utah Beach D-day vet, 79th Inf Div

Does the vehicle run good now? How many hours of use did it take for this problem to develop?
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Good Find.

Thanks Bearclaw i think I'll go and check mine.
    It is not a EFI but a ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I guess i am very fortunate i have not had a problem with my machine and it's a 06 Avenger produced in May. Every time i see a post about a Avenger i go and check that item. SO far So good. Have 70 hrs on mine now(50 hrs on it with at least 4 or more passengers) so it gets a complete checkup from front to rear....But i give a good clean up and check after each ride also. Only problem i am having is gashing the sides of my tires.

Thanks again Bearclaw.

Lewis

Mine 2007 did the same thing. had a cheap plastic filter with a 90 degree bend. lucky i saw her leaking before a disaster.. Someone at argo is just not thinking.. i replaced it with a straight metal one from walmart ..$3.00..Everyone should check theirs..could create a fatal accident.

Tracmaster

MaxRules

It runs great now. It only has 15 hrs on it. He was going to back it out of his garage and it wouldn't start, so he pushed it out. We checked my Frontier and it's a completely different setup and no elbow to break and leak.

Tracmaster, he did the same thing with his, it's straight now.

Lewis, what are you hitting to gash your tires do you know?? Let us know if yours had the same gas line setup as my buddy John's Avenger.

Dennis
    Last edited by bearclaw46; 06-13-2008 at 10:18 AM.
    "Let's Roll" when he used to wake me up in the mornings for school in the 50's.
    My Dad, Utah Beach D-day vet, 79th Inf Div

P/S/G=$

I now have 2 tires with gashed side walls. Ran over something the other day that went straight through the cleat on the rawhide.(non sidewall puncture) I am a little rough in the trails, I'm thinking about running some big white walls like the ones you could buy in 50's. Maybe this will keep the gashes off the side walls of my tires. Just kidding!!!!

All kidding aside i do not know what particular item i have ran over or into but, that is about par for the terrain that i ride in. Lots of downed trees with limbs sticking out waiting to poke, slash or gash a hole in MY tires.

I don't have this problem in water!

[P/S/G=$]:Puncture/Slash/Gash=Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    I now have 2 tires with gashed side walls. Ran over something the other day that went straight through the cleat on the rawhide.(non sidewall puncture) I am a little rough in the trails, I'm thinking about running some big white walls like the ones you could buy in 50's. Maybe this will keep the gashes off the side walls of my tires. Just kidding!!!!

All kidding aside i do not know what particular item i have ran over or into but, that is about par for the terrain that i ride in. Lots of downed trees with limbs sticking out waiting to poke, slash or gash a hole in MY tires.

I don't have this problem in water!

[P/S/G=$]:Puncture/Slash/Gash=Dollars
    AMEN lewis on the tires . our II had to have a copel new ones for the same reason .robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

+ Reply to Thread