max 2 highboy rebuild

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: max 2 highboy rebuild

max 2 highboy rebuild

hey friends..i'm rebuilding the subframe on my max 2, adding some new, improved features such as : 1 1/2 '' axles , front and rear axle plates that will be adjustable to take up chain slack ( no tensioners needed ) and quick release of all axles as as unit ( axle , bearings , sprockets , hubs ) for easy repairs on the workbench and easy reinstalling. i am videoing the build as i go so i can share it with you later . thanks , johnboy va.

Sounds like all great improvements!

thanks allwheel..after 3 years of the original design which worked really well, i saw where i could fab it up even better . another improvement is : before , all the sprockets were on the outside of the frame rail between the frame and the wheel hubs . the chains driving the front and rear axles are now between the rails as in the inner original frame design . this keeps the axle from flexing if the tracks are too tight . although i don't think i would flex a 1 1/2 '' axle anyway. plus the chains will be under the tub so when the tracks are coming around they won't dump mud right on the chains . they should stay much cleaner . and i believe the chain slack takeup design is going to work just fine . i'm taking my time so you will know when the vids done , etc. johnboy va.

max 2 highboy update : well the complete subframe is done, all new 4'' bearing flanges with 1 1/2'' bearings , 6 new 1 1/2'' axles that are mounted in adjustable plates that easily adjust for chain tension ( no tensioners needed ) and axle can drop out of those plates as a complete unit ( axles , bearings , flanges , hubs , etc. ) to work on , just take off the # 60 chains . next step is remount and secure the tub. the tub will be able to be easily adjusted forward on the frame in order to tighten up the primary drive chains when needed. i have been videoing the build..but sorry to say the sound does not work. will post it when finished with the half track max tooling around the yard..... later, johnboy va.

JohnBoy, With all that is going on here like weddings, vacation, lawn improvements, ETC. I will still have time to watch your video. I wish you all the luck for a fantastic rebuild.

Johnboy, Sounds like you are coming along pretty good. Ought to be pretty strong setup. Can't wait to see video

i'm ready to mount the wheels on and take a test drive .. hope to post a video when my daughters boyfriend arrives and can do it for me. i haven't even looked at what i filmed yet to see if it took ,so i'll take pictures tomorrow just in case. later......j.b. p.s. i'm sitting another 8 - 10 '' higher.

JohnBoy, I know how crazy you get at BB, don't get the HighHighBoy so high that it will flip when you get crazy out here.

i mounted a rope ladder on the side..! j.b.

max ii hiboy rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    i mounted a rope ladder on the side..! j.b.
    Now that's a high Max!

+ Reply to Thread