Grease gun recommendations?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grease gun recommendations?

Grease gun recommendations?

I haven't had the pleasure yet of greasing the 1,001 grease zerks on my argo yet, but I want to get the neccessary stuff. I have an old hand held grease gun presently. Wondering if there's something specific out there that is highly thought of by argo owners?

What works for me is simply a manual cartridge type grease gun. Grease is preferably marine grade. I have a 90 degree adapter attached to the flex for those difficult hard to reach zerks.

Ok, thank you

I added a 12" extension hose on mine and it makes it a little easier doing the outer ones without tearing the wheels off.

Lincoln makes a nice pistol Grip grease gun, so you can pump grease with one hand, also ArgoAdventures makes some adapter rod extension to grease wheel bearing zerks, supposedly makes it easier.

I have several hand helds which have just been hanging on pegs since I got a Milwaukee M12 battery powered electric. It has an 18" flexible hose that allows me to hit all the oddball zerk locations. I can't recommend a more helpful tool.

Ryobi makes a similar unit for half the price but I don't have one of their grease guns so I can't endorse it, but it looks very similar.

It says in the manual:
    "
    DO NOT USE HIGH PRESSURE
    PNEUMATIC GREASING EQUIPMENT
    "
    Is it possible to use the electric powered one in a low pressure way?

I added a LocknLube to my pistol grip hand pump gun and it has made life much easier.
    Stays on zerks when you want and releases easily after.

The Milwaukee and Ryobi units are battery powered and fairly low pressure. The high pressure ones that you refer to are the air operated heavy duty versions. I've used the Milwaukee for several years now and have had no issues. It's one of the most handy tools I have.

My Milwaukee is a 12v unit. The Ryobi is an 18v.

likewise for the dewalt 20v unit. Variable speed trigger and can pump grease as slow (barely creeping along) or fast as you want. Each pump seems to be slightly less volume than a standard manual grease gun. Standard grease whip that comes with it is fairly long which is helpful

+ Reply to Thread