Price for Solid axles

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Price for Solid axles

Price for Solid axles

Got a question 6x6 family. I went to a very nice welding shop today and they gave me a price of $125 to $130 for solid axles (splined or round) for a Max II. Is this a good price or are there better places out there to shop?

I don't know what a new splined axle would cost for a Max II , but if I remember correctly ,a new splined axle for my Max IV cost me $189, plus the shipping cost.

Based on the fact that the price is so similar for splined or round I would do some shopping for a smarter shop. A round axle is easy and inexpensive to make relative to a splined set up. Makes me think they dont know what they are talking about, but thats just me. The price for splined doesnt seem completely out of line.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

My machine shop charged me 150.00 for 6 new solid axles.

Quote Originally Posted by demo61x View Post
    My machine shop charged me 150.00 for 6 new solid axles.
    Just the axles, or were the holes for the sprocket bolts drilled? Were the hubs welded on there as well? I picked up 6, 24" pieces of 4130 Chromoly for my axles on my Super Swamp Fox for $90 something bucks, but that was just the axle material......not drilled, nor hubs installed. It was a steel shop on ebay that must have had it as left over quantity from some kind of job.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

the price i was given was for the full axle with studs for a splided axle, I would assume a round axle would be cheaper and the guy said the more I got the less they would be per axle. I am also looking into a front grill bumper like I have seen on another Max II. It looks a lot like you would see on a nice grilled up GMC Z71 truck

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Just the axles, or were the holes for the sprocket bolts drilled? Were the hubs welded on there as well? I picked up 6, 24" pieces of 4130 Chromoly for my axles on my Super Swamp Fox for $90 something bucks, but that was just the axle material......not drilled, nor hubs installed. It was a steel shop on ebay that must have had it as left over quantity from some kind of job.
    complete ready to install.

I priced splined axles for my max 4 and the whole set up with sprokets bearings and axles was close to 1900. That's why i sold my machine and bought one that already had them. I couldn't make myself spend that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by demo61x View Post
    complete ready to install.
    That's a GREAT price!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

i got a set of 6 solid if anyone is interested factory recreatives solid non splined 250 takes them all!
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

+ Reply to Thread