Help with engine mounts for V-Twin

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with engine mounts for V-Twin

Help with engine mounts for V-Twin

Hi Guys, I have an old Max 2 with a blown up Tecumseh 16hp in it. I'd like to pop a 18hp Vanguard in it as with most of the pics here! I noticed that the mounts, at the clutch end have a step in them. Can anyone help with the dimensions of these two strips and perhaps a profile shot at the stepped end? Thanks.

I was looking for the same thing in my old max. Did anyone answer you on the set-up of the motor mounts. I was planning on taking mine into Maintaince work shop and fabing some tabs for the rubber mounts to which a a couple of plates with elongated slots for poistion.

I converted a Tecumseh Max to a Kohler V-twin. I will have to search my notes for exact dimensions, but all I done was take the old mounts and drilled more holes to fit the Kohler. I found the dimensional drawings for the Tecumseh somewhere and got the Kohler dimension off of their website. When I laid out how the mounting holes should be I had to take in consideration of the height of the output shaft so that I could use the same belt. You could also buy the Briggs mounts from RI, I think they will bolt right in to place, but I’m not totally sure. If you go that route Jay at RI should be able to confirm this.

hey! what model was the kohler ? i need to replace my 18hp and have no idea what to replace it with. thanks

+ Reply to Thread