New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 663 of 722 FirstFirst ... 163 563 613 653 661 662 663 664 665 673 713 ... LastLast
Results 6,621 to 6,630 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi - Great website and very helpful community. I am new to Amphibious ATVs but tried a 6X6 Frontier with treads a few weeks back and am sold on these units. I live in Alberta Canada, so snow is a part of life at least 6 months of the year. I used to own Quads and have used sleds and plan on replacing both with an Argo. I am looking to buy a unit in the next couple of months when the right one comes along and I have a secure place to store. Will be scouring this website for learnings and questions. Thanks SW

Hi snowbeast , we have an Argo 8x8 Frontier (2011) with Channel Tracks - just acquired our beast and just became a member of this forum. Holiday trip (pics posted in my gallery). We cross lake ice to get to the family cottage and so far the 2011 frontier with the 23hp has plenty of power. Good luck there is definately a lot of information and advice on purchasing and argo - great checklist as well.

Hi Mike
    have just registered as a new member
    own a 6/6 argo older bigfoot 1994???
    have rebuilt this argo for deep snow running to my cottage
    came with 25" tires on it and need to put on 22" to accomadate tracks
    have been trying to find some used tires rims and tracks with no luck
    if anybody out there has some would be very interested
    am a retired mechanic of 40 years living in the rural area near stratford ontario

Quote Originally Posted by RUBY2 View Post
    Hi Mike
    have just registered as a new member
    own a 6/6 argo older bigfoot 1994???
    have rebuilt this argo for deep snow running to my cottage
    came with 25" tires on it and need to put on 22" to accomadate tracks
    have been trying to find some used tires rims and tracks with no luck
    if anybody out there has some would be very interested
    am a retired mechanic of 40 years living in the rural area near stratford ontario
    Best tire I have found at a reasonable price is the Duro HF243 probably cheaper than a used Runamuk.
    They are listed as 22" but are actually closer to 21" So they should work well with tracks.
    Just installed my tracks but have not had any snow to go out and test them this season.
    Thats what I have been using and pretty happy with them.
    Only cost about $80.00/tire Canadian

Hello, I have been visiting for a while, I have a 2016 Argo 750 HDI. I live in Louisiana with all the bayou's and swamps. It gets around great but is not as stable swimming in the water as i would like. I know several of you have put dual wheels on before. I am looking for information on how to build, where to buy adapters, my tires are 25x12x9.

Hi, I also have been reading the forums for awhile. I do not have an aatv but I am looking to purchase one. There does seem to be a lot of differences between them so it is hard to pinpoint one that would be a good buy. I live in Manitoba, Canada and so would need tracks for winter snow I would imagine. Which would be the best machine for that? I would prefer an 8x8 I think, but a lot of people seem to really like their 6x6's.

Hi All -
    I very recently purchased a 1997 Argo Response 8x8 with Adair 14.5in tracks. I haven't even taken it out yet but I'm totally hooked! I've been doing a lot of internet reading on Argos and 6x6world seems to be the source of lots of helpful guidance.

About 1/3 of my property is marsh so I'm looking forward to accessing areas we've never been able to before. Also, previously, the only way to access our cabin in winter is by foot/snowshoe. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Argo performs in deep northern Wisconsin snow with these tracks.

Things I'll be focused on this year are:
    -installing a bilge pump
    -considering a secondary battery
    -getting good at installing/removing adair tracks
    -considering making or buying an amphibious trailer

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsArgo View Post
    Hi All -
    I very recently purchased a 1997 Argo Response 8x8 with Adair 14.5in tracks. I haven't even taken it out yet but I'm totally hooked! I've been doing a lot of internet reading on Argos and 6x6world seems to be the source of lots of helpful guidance.

About 1/3 of my property is marsh so I'm looking forward to accessing areas we've never been able to before. Also, previously, the only way to access our cabin in winter is by foot/snowshoe. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Argo performs in deep northern Wisconsin snow with these tracks.

-installing a bilge pump

Hi Northwoods, You got a nice machine there, I have seen the Conquest with Adair tracks at the Mud Nationals and and several times at Busco. The Conquest is an awesome heavy duty machine. Being able to lock down one side of the tracks will help you control that machine in the water. The best way to steer it in the water is to lean from side to side. If you want to do some serious winter driving get the winter track extension kit and that thing will go just about anywhere. If you watch this video you will see Ty's Conquest several times through out the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8Eo74LbXO8

This what the Tracks will do for you in the snow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfSxJxfslAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=howfzt7xNwQ
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 01-21-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsArgo View Post
    Hi All -

-installing a bilge pump

Welcome northwoodsargo,
    Did you happen to get that nice looking camo response that was on ebay and c/l?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Welcome northwoodsargo,
    Did you happen to get that nice looking camo response that was on ebay and c/l?
    The one I got was just green...no camo.

+ Reply to Thread