New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 581 of 722 FirstFirst ... 81 481 531 571 579 580 581 582 583 591 631 681 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hi I am a retired weldor and crane operator and am interested in info on cushman tracksters,any help?

thanks Dean

thank you Mike it feel good to be welcomed. This is a new field for us to get into. can you tell me were to learn more about the 6x6 and 8x8's? we would like to drive right out into the water to fish or do they all do that. Thank you for any help or advise

There is a lot of information here on this forum. Just spend some time reading the new threads. Check out the videos on the home page some and visit our sponsors sites where they sell ATVs. That should get you started. As for driving right into the water for fishing, they work well for that. I use mine for fishing from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean attebery View Post
    Hi I am a retired weldor and crane operator and am interested in info on cushman tracksters,any help?

thanks Dean
    Welcome to the forum Dean. There are a few Cushman Trackster owners on the forum. Check out the existing threads and start a new thread in the Other AATV section of the site for any specific questions that you have.

hey everyone new to this site lots of great info on here just picked up a 1991 6x6 loving it having some chain slap but other than that works great

cheers

Greetings all ! I just realised i should have posted here first last week when i joined, my name is Kris, from Oshawa Ont. Canada, im 40 yrs old, i just inherited my grandfathers 8x8 magnum, I learned how to drive an Argo when I was eight years old, driving his first argo 8x8. The one I inherited is the one he replaced it with in the 90's. when he had told me he was going to leave it to me, i didn't expect to get it until he passed and I was content for that to never happen, he being the only father figure I've ever had I wasn't looking forward to getting the Argo. But two weeks ago my grandmother called me and said "son Pa has been outside every day messing around with the damned Argo, hes trying to get it tuned up for you and he's going to get hurt, please come and get it as soon as possible" hes 84 yrs old and has cancer.... So I went out and picked it up, driving away with my grandfather's favourite toy was probably the hardest thing I ever had to do. But now I'm restoring it because I think it's the right thing to do. Wow, sorry this "Introduction" has turned into a novel.. ��

Welcome Kris, sorry to hear of granpa's cancer. Get the machine going and take him on a ride while he still can and make his day, every ride will be remembered by you both.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by tyson View Post
    hey everyone new to this site lots of great info on here just picked up a 1991 6x6 loving it having some chain slap but other than that works great

cheers
    Hey Tyson, welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris W View Post
    Greetings all ! I just realised i should have posted here first last week when i joined, my name is Kris, from Oshawa Ont. Canada, im 40 yrs old, i just inherited my grandfathers 8x8 magnum, I learned how to drive an Argo when I was eight years old, driving his first argo 8x8. The one I inherited is the one he replaced it with in the 90's. when he had told me he was going to leave it to me, i didn't expect to get it until he passed and I was content for that to never happen, he being the only father figure I've ever had I wasn't looking forward to getting the Argo. But two weeks ago my grandmother called me and said "son Pa has been outside every day messing around with the damned Argo, hes trying to get it tuned up for you and he's going to get hurt, please come and get it as soon as possible" hes 84 yrs old and has cancer.... So I went out and picked it up, driving away with my grandfather's favourite toy was probably the hardest thing I ever had to do. But now I'm restoring it because I think it's the right thing to do. Wow, sorry this "Introduction" has turned into a novel.. ��
    Kris, welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing some pictures of the restored Argo. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thanks argoJim & Mike, much appreciated !

Hello all. Zack here. New to the argo world. Mess with all sorts of motorized stuff but this is a first for a 6x6, and I love it. Just picked up this 03 Bigfoot. 90 hours on it. Needs a battery and a good carb clean but I drove it on the trailer. I think I got a much much better deal on it than I first anticipated. I live on knotts island in the far northeast section of NC, and my plan is to get it registered as a vessel and use it to cross the sound to carova/corolla beach, I am able to get the permits to use it on the beach as well. Been poking around looking at outboard options and now some general maintenance stuff. I am planning on bringing it down to busco for the event in april to get some argo dudes to show me around this thing a little bit. Hope to see some of you there. Any tips/tricks/advice for a 2 mile water crossing with it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the add to the forum!

Hope the pic works tried to grab it off my facebook.

BIG thanks to Mike for the how to on getting it legal for the water without a title. I was scared the no title would mess me up but seems to be ok.

+ Reply to Thread