Mighty Max's new 650 Argo 650 HD with swimming tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Max's new 650 Argo 650 HD with swimming tracks

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Is the machine still in Iowa, or did you get it delivered, Dan?

Just curious, if you and Tim are still due @ River Run saturday evening. That's my planned ETA.
    Roger, still plan to meet Tim Saturady night. These are shots Time sent me from Iowa.

I was hoping the 650 HD would have the new style vented hood. I have a 2009 650 and find that those 23 Hp Vanguards get too warm. What made you decide to go with the Rawhides instead of the 25" Argo brand tires?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear894 View Post
    I was hoping the 650 HD would have the new style vented hood. I have a 2009 650 and find that those 23 Hp Vanguards get too warm. What made you decide to go with the Rawhides instead of the 25" Argo brand tires?
    Raw Hides are better suited to the Adair tracks

Report on the Argo 650 HD and the Adair swimming tracks

Argo 650 HD-Argo got the clutching and the gear ratios right on this machine. The clutching feels like a Max with a red spring or brown spring clutch. The machine stays in the meat of the engines power band in mud or high power situations. When required the this machine would top out on the trail at over 25 mph and would do so in a hurry. The machine has more power than I needed for every situation and was a lot faster and more powerful than I expected with the 23 horse Briggs engine.

On the trail- I drove this machine in high gear all day in the mud and on the trail with one hand (the other hand was holding my dog Biscuit) and was under complete control. The machine steered and negotiated trails better than a quad with little or no driving effort. I was able to simply point the machine all day driving with one hand through the worst mud, swamp and trail conditions you can imagine. I only used low range once and that was just to try the counter rotation ability.

Build quality of the machine is excellent, bearings, axles, extensions the best best and I expect a lot of service with very little maintenance.

Adair Tracks. I had to get use to the sound of the tracks-it's just a little different. The Adair tracks make the machine the most capable mud machine I have ever seen. Nothing stopped this machine. i was able to go down trails and cruse when I wanted to. The machine would run over 25 mph with tracks installed but i stayed away from the high speeds while I was learning the machine. This machine went through every mud hole and pulled out of mud holes that had the wheeled vehicles stuck without any problems. I started the day by driving down a nasty mud pit. I thought it was a really easy mud pit then looked back and saw Mud Bugs MaxIv Stuck and an Argo Big Foot stuck. A high lifted quad tried the same hole and got badly stuck. I drove through it several times without a problem.

Admiral Transmission-Argo has a winner here that produces true six wheel drive and keeps all the wheels moving. It's a winner and I am enjoying it. The counter rotation is nice but i never needed the low range. I am sure I'll need it to pull stuck vehicles.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 10-26-2010 at 01:28 PM.

If you want to see some video of the Argo 650 HD follow the link

This link will take you to all the video I posted

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...ride-tx-3.html

(the other hand was holding my dog Biscuit)
    Is that your dog, Bscuit, your dog's biscuit or a euphemism for something else?

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    Is that your dog, Bscuit, your dog's biscuit or a euphemism for something else?
    My little Black dog Biscuit, she always rides with me.

Maybe he was holding his dog biscuit, for his dog, Biscuit
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

I just finished tightening my left tracks and took the machine over log piles and through some awful mud I wouldn't try with tires. Mud with out water is some thing my wheeled machines never liked. it takes a lot of power to turn wheels in mud with out water but my tracked machine performed flawlessly. So far i haven't found anywhere this Adair equipped Argo won't go. What am machine!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 11-02-2010 at 06:53 PM.

Just a question Dan. Did you machine not come with the new Argo style tires or did you change them out? For all 2010 this is standard equipment. I just noticed you have rawhide tires.

+ Reply to Thread