How did you get out?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How did you get out?

Crazy adventure! Thanks for narration. Those 6x6 rangers sure are impressive machines.

Just another example of how challenging nature can be to drive through. I think that's one of the best parts of off roading. You can NEVER defeat every obstacle regardless of the machine and the challenge that comes with attempting to do so never gets old.

Hey, had a fun one the other day. Went out to pull out the beaver dam on my property and install a cage and pipe. I ended up backing into the pond to pull the culvert in and backed over a tree just under the water. I thought the tree was stuck between the tires as I could not get them to spin. After tryin over and over, I'm thinkin transmission shot or what. I just changed all the fluids then I think oh hell, I hope the plug isn't loose. So, I jumped out of the front onto the dam. I went to pull my winch cable out and found it was wrapped around the inside of the cable drive pulley. Arghh, now what? That was bad enough but when I happened to look up into the wheeler and trying to look to see if there is tranny fluid in the wheeler, I found it's filling with water. Whoohoo a roving swimming pool. Oh fun! Now what? I quickly got back in and tried the rock and roll method, with no music of course. Hmmm not working!!! Went back out the front onto the dam. Tried everything to get the cable out. NOPE, not comin. So, I walked a couple of blocks back to my garage to get a hammer and screwdriver. Of course I took the tools out just the night before. NEVER NEVER go anywhere without tools. So anyway.... I tried pounding the stuck cable out from within the side of the drive. Not happening. Leaned over to look at something and whoops there goes my pack of smokes right down the old creek. Yep, I know, don't need the damn things anyway. At that moment I would of argued with the pope that I NEEDED them and right NOW. But the pope wasn't around so I continued hitting my head into a tree. But anyway, I did have about 2 feet of cable to do some pulling as I could get it to move that much and as I was doing that I just watched my cable twist and start fraying, Not Good. So I walked back to the garage again and grabbed a chain. Walked back down to the dam and found that even with the long chain I did not have enough to wrap around the closest tree. Ok, time for a smoke. Nope there down the stream. Arrrghhh!!!! So, time to call in reinforcments so I called the brother and said leave work and get home and bring the tractor. He laughed....I didn't think it was funny! Oh well, time to pound on the cable more. Ahhh yes I'm making headway, bam got it. So I was barely able to get the cable around the closest tree. Thank God! I winched like a Son of a Bitch and watched the winch start to smoke. Yeah right it got to smoke, but not me!! Cruel world. So the story was I had no power to the wheels cause my belt was under water. Although my new 100.00 waders had water in them, I continued on my with my travesty. I got it pulled up to a dry spot of ground and limped it back to the house. Got out checked and found I lost a plug in the back. Took everything out and started drying it all on the grass. It started raining. So much for drying. Then my brother showed up. He had this cocky smile on his face and he was laughing, and he couldn't resist saying "your all wet". I decided to go over to him and take his cigarettes. He wasn't laughing anymore. Oh the fun of 6 wheeling.
    "I'm NOT stuck, I'm just temporarily stopped"

o.k. wheeler...that's a good story . sometimes when you don't have tools with you , even creativity won't help . best thing was you were not too far from home !! thanks for sharing. j.b.

Great story Wheeler and in case you’re wondering a Max IV will float when full of water. Guess how I know that lol. Broke through the ice.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Yea, sometimes all you can do is laugh. And I did. AFTER I got home.
    "I'm NOT stuck, I'm just temporarily stopped"

ATV ramps provide a lot of grip, & support. 4-5 prong home made boat anchor will grab into any shrubs to winch out. a come along is always aboard for rear pulls. Welcome to Newfoundland !!!

+ Reply to Thread