New Argo Avenger tires?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: New Argo Avenger tires?

That is not the new Avenger tire we just tested the first ones out of the plant I purchased them yesterday and we tested them today check youtube under AAA argo

Smile tires

they look like updated, ancient jiger tires.....

I posted 4 videos on youtube to view the first set of new Avenger tires in test they performed exceptionaly well with confirmed GPS speeds 5.4 kms in high gear and 5.0 kms in low with the 3rd. tire reversed we got top speed of 5.0 forward and 2.4 in reverse we tried all configarations this was the best overall result with all tires facing forward there was no reverse speed to record the GPS actually said 0.0

New Avenger Tire vs. Frontier Tire

Philip, the Frontier tire only measures 23 to 23.5" @ 2.5 to 3 psi. they call it a 24" tire. By 10" wide. It is a 4 ply tire.

The new "Avenger" tire measures 24" @ 3.5 psi. By 12" wide. they call it a 25" tire. It is a 4 ply tire.

The tread depth is the same on both tires.

It's well known that you usually only achieve the stated tire diameter at the maximum rated tire pressure which is usually 7 psi.

link to firstallin's video above. fast forward to 6 minute mark. think it's widescreen footage that youtube displays in 4x3, so things look a little tall and narrow.

We need more pictures or videos of these tires!

Your test results for these new tires should blow away ANY need to buy that China unit, Argo knock-off!!!! Continue supporting North America's workers & OUR economy!! Who needs built-in propulsion, at the cost of jobs?!? These tires will help us older unit owners as well! I'll budget a set for my Conquest, even if it's one tire per month!! I've got fair tread depth for one more year on my rawhides & then, keep em around for winter track use.

New tire for Argo

Ken asked if i would post this video of the new tires so here they are in action. Hope you guys enjoy. They work great!
    3.5 mph measured with gps. Trials with one person=3.5 Speed was slower with 3 people but still very impressive, speed was recorded on the ride.
    Last edited by lewis; 03-14-2009 at 03:55 AM.

Pictures of the New Avenger tire North American Version

Here they are beside the Rawhide III as Tested by myself Check AAA argo on youtube.

Stats On New Avenger Tire

Ok, here are the stats on our tests related to AAA Argo video. All results are verified by GPS.

Argo Avenger 700 (not EFI)
    One person 280 lbs.
    Full Tank of Gas
    Estimated 3-5 mph wind
    Temp -3 degrees C
    Some Ice on Pond
    5 psi in tires

WATER TESTS

Best Run with Rawhide III's.....2.9 k/hr or 1.8 mph.
    Best Run with New Avenger Tire......5.4 k/hr or 3.4 mph
    Reverse Speed with New Avenger Tire....0 k/hr or 0 mph
    Directional Control with NAT (New Avenger Tire) Excellent (steers like an ATV on land)

We then tried to rotate 2 tires backwards (one axle) to get some reverse.

Front Axle:
    Best Run 4.4 k/hr or 2.7 mph (loss 1 k/hr or .62 mph

2nd Axle:
    Best Run 4.9 k/hr or 3.0 mph ( loss .5 k/hr or .31 mph)

3rd Axle:
    Best Run 5.0 k/hr or 3.1 mph (loss .4 k/hr or .24 mph)

Rear Axle:
    Best Run 4.0 k/hr or 2.5 mph (loss 1.4 k/hr or .87 mph)

Best Position for reversed tires: 3rd axle from front
    This will give you 5.0 k/hr or 3.1 mph in forward, and 2.4 k/hr or 1.5 mph in reverse.

General Observations:

1. Hardly any difference in speed whether using Low or High Gear
    2. Tires are so efficient in water that they really eat up the HP.
    3. I feel we could have achieved faster water speed with more HP. or improvements to the drive train to increase tire RPM.
    4. It looks like this tread design does not require that 50% of more of the tire to be above water line to achieve speed.

I will be posting some stills and more video of this testing in a couple of days. Sorry about all the detail, but for those who are interested these are the verified statistics.

+ Reply to Thread