New Member - Max II Project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New Member - Max II Project

well i decided to ad an intake and a header pipe to juice up the 420cc predator...
    also i reconfigured the governer linkage so that it only limits the rpm's but it dosent "bounce"...
    i connected the throtle linkage direct.
    what a difference!..
    all the parts i used where ordered from NR racing...
    the header pipe was a custom build kit i welded up to fit ...
    all the parts ordered fit a honda gx390...
    they interchange perfectly on the 420cc predator clone...
    in case any one is looking for preformance upgrade for the clones...
    and i just got off the phone with richards relics and i have a 5gal replacement fuel tank on the way for $120...
    richard, you're the man....
    now i can get rid of the 2gal engine mount tank...
    heres a few engine pics of the new addons....1208111632a.jpg1208111632b.jpg1208111631a.jpg1208111712.jpg1208111631.jpg

How well does that predator engine perform? I was thinking of one for my max2 because there is a harbor freight close by in case theres a problem.

I am very pleased with the predator engine...for a 13hp engine it has plenty of power and starts and runs very reliablly...i also did a couple of upgrades that gained a few hp...aftermarket intake, carb jet, and custom exhaust pipe.... all for around a $100.. and anything you can buy for the honda gx390 will fit this engine...all in all for the price i would deffinatlly recomend it...i have put roughlly 100 or so hrs on it so far and have had no issues...it was also very easy to relocate the electronics to the dash of my max and a little re configuration of the governor linkages to give me direct throttle control was key..any other questions dont hesitate to ask..
    BK

Thanks alot

+ Reply to Thread