gettin back runnin..

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: gettin back runnin..

stuff I made today..

I decided to split the shifter since I was in there! and I want to soap the floor and spin donuts till I throw up!

guessed at the angle.

3/4" all thread fits real nice inside the tubing.

I am definitely going to change some stuff up, the steering rods need to be shimmed outward and Im going to have to shim the shifters inward.. I have a plan for tomorrow..

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksmasher View Post
    I want to soap the floor and spin donuts till I throw up!
    I like your style.

Bridget

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    I like your style.

Bridget
    Sounds simple enough! and i agree with Bridget

Looks great! And sounds like fun, Just get it on video
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Nice job ducksmasher. I love all the work you did and that you took pictures of it as you came along! Thanks!!!

errmm finished the controls, tightened everything up and saw the clutch lying on the bench... tried to make it fit, its really tight.. do i have to pull the tranny and the primary chains to get it on? or someone know a secret?

i noticed ur flanges look just like mine on my max II of course but when u grease ur bearing does it run out the back flange or out of the bearing seals

I noticed some squirting out from between the flanges at first. I put the vice grips on the inner flanges clamped real tight, and it squirted in.. Im sure when it starts to grime up it will seal. I should have put a small ring of the strip caulk all the way around the flanges.. I may still do that.

All bearing inserts and flanges are a pain. They will work as they should, but only if the bearing is positioned just right. I have found that, while assembling the flanges, if you put the bearing on the outer flange and tap it into the flange with a rubber mallet, that will help to "set" it. Before you do so, you have to make sure that the bearing is completely centered and even in the flanges. Then you can put the bearing and outer flange up against the inner flange and assemble as you normally would. That will help a lot with making sure that the grease is actually getting to the bearing itself and not just squirting back out the flanges.

Moar..

cut my laterals, welded on nuts..

bolt run through nut, is to keep it straight in the tubing.

welded up a bolt to a piece of flat bar. threads into end of lateral for controls.

moved the springs to the middle, between the eye bolts and flat bar.. Ran a bolt through the controls for the laterals flat bar is on outside of T-20 controls to increase the space between moving components.

Closeup.

It is sure tight in there..

Front end of laterals to control levers..

Made my own yokes out of flat bar bent and welded to a bolt same as laterals.

welded gussets and fixed cracks on engine stand.. painted.

Clearance..

getting closer.

+ Reply to Thread