Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hustler

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    It's most likely the opposed twin 18HP Briggs I/C engine so like Dan said, that's probably it. Only the early 880 Hustlers with fiberglass bodies and completely different frames can use the jet pump. They had it as a factory option. It won't work with your 950 and isn't worth the effort to try to make it fit. Just get a decent set of tires that swim. Worry about getting it restored first.
    Here is the recess for a jet pump in a fiberglass Hustler tub. The one I intend to install is a Berkley 5J5.

joe.

What size tires will fit under this thing and what's a good swimming tire?

I think a 25x13x9 is about as big as you can go. Here's Boncrshr's 950 with Interco TSL Vampires in that size.

[/QUOTE]

Well that just looks like all kinds of fun. Will it swim with for people in it

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Quote Originally Posted by Raw View Post
    No thanks like my new toy to much I don't get good deals often. Will this thing have plenty of power with this engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Yes it will.....that's a torquey engine and it'll turn those 21's without a problem.
    You got that right, and more than 21 inchers, try some 25s you'll be glad you did... the vampires on boncrshrs 950 looked to swim better than the Mudbugs I ran on mine
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Quote Originally Posted by Raw View Post
    Well that just looks like all kinds of fun. Will it swim with for people in it
    I would not put 4 adults in it while swimming.. 2 on the water..All AATV have a higher payload on land.. figure about 1/2 to 2/3 on water..

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    I would not put 4 adults in it while swimming.. 2 on the water..All AATV have a higher payload on land.. figure about 1/2 to 2/3 on water..
    I'm with you on that one Dan. The 950 is a "low slung" machine and even with the biggest tires you can fit on them they sit low in the water. Another thing to consider, there were places on our trails where I would have all kinds of trouble driving through alone, fully loaded (me and the triplets) was completely out of the question, but they delighted in taking turns alone just bopping right through the same stuff that gave me fits. Less weight+bigger tires= going farther... even with only 2 adults + accessories (tools and beer) the water line can get too close for comfort.
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

Ok well I want do that then. Ill just swim with me in it then don't need any problems.

Look at my avatar to see a 950 swimming with just 1 adult. I was sitting low in the water and I knew I had taken water in the back every time I exited a water/mud hole.

Really thinking about putting different motor in this hustler. Do I need to worry about hurting the trans.

+ Reply to Thread