Wass Up Argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wass Up Argo

I have heard the bolduc track is better. They had it before argo did. Argo track has improved.. their guides used to break. Can't say what the current status is of the comparison.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

I had the Bolduc track on my Conquest and the new track on my Avenger. Here is my observations:

Bolduc - the better track. The rubber ridges seemed thicker. Steel wheel guides are much more solid than the plastic ones ODG uses. We break off a few a month. I am actually considering selling the odg track and getting the Bolduc.

Gearing - I must say I was very impressed by the performance of the 06 Avenger with the track. On the Conquest we lost about 50% of the top speed, whereas on the Avenger we only lose about 5-10% of the top speed. Unfortuately I am not sure if the '05 had a different one.

They need to speed these things up...26km/hr in an 8x8 is a joke.
    2008 Argo Avenger EFI 8x8
    2001 Argo Bigfoot 6x6

Bolduc

What are Bolduc tracks??
    "Let's Roll" when he used to wake me up in the mornings for school in the 50's.
    My Dad, Utah Beach D-day vet, 79th Inf Div

Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

more Bolduc credibility

They have been selling and working with Argos for a long time. Pretty sure the snowplow that ODG/Argo sells was designed and is made by Bolduc in Quebec, and it really kicks ass in the winter!

I hear what you guys are saying. Matt O will soon be putting his machine into the market and maybe he will give them a run for the money. Competition is good. I think he has done his homework and has built a fine machine.

As far as for the Rhinos. They can not even move to the same category as we are in. Amphibious is hard to accomplish with open side. Besides in a resent ride they did not impress me at all. They could not go hardly any of the places we went. One even came back with a entire driver wheel assembly ripped off. The doors are a result of the company being sued for roll-over. They go faster than we do but can they fish out of them.

Last but not least, made in AMERICA means more to me than most. Japs can't make anything better than we can if that were true they would have kicked our @@@ in WWII. Companies are being ruined by greed and end profits at the cost of our jobs just look at the news and job markets. In the 80's Japs paid their workers nothing and expected them to work off the clock to get product out the door. They stayed at their factories and did not go home until the week-ends to see their families. Mental break downs and suicides were common behavior but they don't talk much about that in the news. Really how many of use want to live or work like that. This is where they got their foot in the door. I am sorry but i can not work for free and no one else will either. The younger generation of Japs are not working like this any more, and they are being outsourced. Japanese stuff made in Taiwan?
    At the end of WW2 we rebuilt all their factories as the expense of the military budget. The troops that went into Korea were fighting with all outdated and inferior equipment, but Japan had new steel factories. As far as Honda and other vehicles the Japanese produced vehicles were copied from western design on out dated patents.

Sorry guys i get a little upset about this subject.

Japanese have been to our plant and each time they pull out a sketch pad and start drawing (copying) our equipment.

The Zero wasn't even their idea. That too was copied from Howard Hughes.
    The H-1 Racer featured a number of design innovations: it had retractable landing gear and all rivets and joints set flush into the body of the aircraft to reduce drag. The H-1 Racer is thought to have influenced the design of a number of World War II fighters such as the Mitsubishi Zero, the Focke-Wulf FW190 and the F6F Hellcat; although that has never been proven.

Note: Howard Hughes was brought before the war oversight committees on charges of aiding the Japanese war effort.

Mitsubishi now makes cars, yes the same ones that made the Zero.

These are just my views on Japanese products and how i address the issues, my poor wife has had to listen to this for 34 years.

Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lewis View Post
    I hear what you guys are saying. Matt O will soon be putting his machine into the market and maybe he will give them a run for the money. Competition is good. I think he has done his homework and has built a fine machine.

As far as for the Rhinos. They can not even move to the same category as we are in. Amphibious is hard to accomplish with open side. Besides in a resent ride they did not impress me at all. They could not go hardly any of the places we went. One even came back with a entire driver wheel assembly ripped off. The doors are a result of the company being sued for roll-over. They go faster than we do but can they fish out of them.

Last but not least, made in AMERICA means more to me than most. Japs can't make anything better than we can if that were true they would have kicked our @@@ in WWII. Companies are being ruined by greed and end profits at the cost of our jobs just look at the news and job markets. In the 80's Japs paid their workers nothing and expected them to work off the clock to get product out the door. They stayed at their factories and did not go home until the week-ends to see their families. Mental break downs and suicides were common behavior but they don't talk much about that in the news. Really how many of use want to live or work like that. This is where they got their foot in the door. I am sorry but i can not work for free and no one else will either. The younger generation of Japs are not working like this any more, and they are being outsourced. Japanese stuff made in Taiwan?
    At the end of WW2 we rebuilt all their factories as the expense of the military budget. The troops that went into Korea were fighting with all outdated and inferior equipment, but Japan had new steel factories. As far as Honda and other vehicles the Japanese produced vehicles were copied from western design on out dated patents.

Sorry guys i get a little upset about this subject.

Japanese have been to our plant and each time they pull out a sketch pad and start drawing (copying) our equipment.

The Zero wasn't even their idea. That too was copied from Howard Hughes.
    The H-1 Racer featured a number of design innovations: it had retractable landing gear and all rivets and joints set flush into the body of the aircraft to reduce drag. The H-1 Racer is thought to have influenced the design of a number of World War II fighters such as the Mitsubishi Zero, the Focke-Wulf FW190 and the F6F Hellcat; although that has never been proven.

Note: Howard Hughes was brought before the war oversight committees on charges of aiding the Japanese war effort.

Mitsubishi now makes cars, yes the same ones that made the Zero.

These are just my views on Japanese products and how i address the issues, my poor wife has had to listen to this for 34 years.

Lewis
    AMEN LEWS
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

you do realize the Rhino is made in good ol USof A dont ya .

it is Designed, engineered and assembled in the USA as are the Kawasaki Teryxs and a bunch of other products. Thats right, Americans pay thier mortgages and purchase the food they eat from a paycheck of makeing these things and shipping them world wide.

The Rhino was designed for America by Americans so if there was enough of a demand I am more then sure they could come up with a far superior design then an outdated Max or an Argo and put it into practice.

one other thing i might add is somne of your facts seem to be a bit embelished , I am curious as to how you arrived at this information
    Last edited by pepper; 06-21-2008 at 06:46 PM.

The side by side atv's are mostly made in america, but who owns the corporation, and takes the money home! I can tel you it's not the line workers, or the designers. If you dig deep you will find out that many products that are made by asian corp. are designed by private parties, and the design sold to the corp..

I can speak from experience! I worked in the car audio field for a few years, and did large custom installs for Mfg. I did a speaker box for a Mfg. and of course did not even think of patenting the box. One year later the box was in full production, on the market, and sporting preinstalled speakers, and amplifiers.

Any one of us has the ability to pick out an existing product, improve upon it, patent the improvment,and sell the idea to a big corporation.
    BTW: the boxes were preformed, and shipped fron asia, then assembled in the US. If I had been smart enugh to put a patent on the design i could be a little less worried about the high fuel costa!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

+ Reply to Thread