max 2 highboy rebuild

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: max 2 highboy rebuild

thanks t .. yes i gained more height when i added the slotted plates for the bearings. which by the way are working awesome. just loosen the nuts on the plate bolts, a couple of turns on the tensioner bolt and the chain is adjusted. ( it only takes alittle turning because the top and bottom of the chain are both tightening..where as with a regular tensioner,your only pressing the slack side of the chain ) also it works without jacking up the tire. i could easily run 28 '' tires , but it's just fine with the 25'' tires and halftracks. just a different , fun design and much easier for me to work on if needed. j.b.

Nice innovations to your design John, though I couldn't picture what you had in mind at Busco I do get it now, and looks like it should work out well for you.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

That's some heavy duty construction. It will take some work to tear that up! Will it float?

i've got some scuba tanks ordered for when i test it out just in case ! actually i haven't tried it yet cause there are no ponds around me. i'm not sure why not..but will let you know . thanks argo jim for the reply , looking forward to a muddy busco in oct. also, i would join in more rides if they are not too far ( 3 hrs . max for a day ) . j.b.

JohnBoy, being the nice guy that I am, we will tie a rope on the back of the HHB and the other end onto BG. If you start going down I will pull you out as fast as I can. Your Welcome

You have clearance to fit some pontoons between the tub and frame.

Wow, it looks like a well thought out design. Lots of adjustment points to keep things in spec. I'm anxious to see how things hold up as time goes by.

thanks noel...the more i ride it the better i like it. i love being able to keep an eye on all the chains and sprockets,axles etc. i don't do that much heavy riding around my place, so busco in oct. should be lot's of fun testing. it would probably look pretty cool with 27'' tires and full tracks, but i don't really need that kind of setup that often. it's definately some big improvements of the first design. later, johnboy va.

John,
    hopefully your added height does not require a set of extensions to stabilize the machine in off camber situations, looks good and ease of maintenance is nice.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

i'll be carefull jim about that...the tracks will add another 3'' width of footprint. j.b.

+ Reply to Thread