New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 223 of 722 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

I'm Matt and I have a Kid 8x8 that I just got up and running a few months ago. I'm a land surveyor and my trade requires that I go places most atv's can't. I'm in central Louisiana and have a lot of water in my area. The preferred machine of choice in my line of work is a Marsh Master (Coast Machinery, LLC. | marshmaster.com: marsh buggies and swamp buggies from marsh master). For anyone who has priced one, knows that they are beyond the budget of the average guy but well worth it when you see what they can do. I've been quite impressed with my Kid, but still have much work to do on it. I'm currently looking at trying to purchase a Kid I found with the Perkins diesel. I've been browsing this 6x6world forums for some time now and have seen some interesting machines out there. Hope to get to know some of the folks out on the forums and get some insight when I hit a stumbling block with my 8x8.

Welcome to the forums everyone.

sur-trek-needer (nice name by the way) try posting a wanted ad in the classified section of the forums. It seems like someone has one for sale every year.\

Roger, nice to have you on the site. Good luck in your search for a 6x6.

Matt, good luck with the continuing work on your Kid 8x8. That should be an awesome workhorse once you get through, especially if you can snag the diesel. Upload some pictures of your KID to the gallery if you get a chance.

Hello All -- New to the site and the 6x6 experience -- did some trading and just picked up my first one -- I live in Utah and like to play with anything that has a motor. The guy I got it from didn't know much about it so I've done some digging here and other sites. This little buggy has the T-20 trans and a 18hp briggs. seems to run real good, need to make a few adjustments. From pictures I've seen it looks like a previous owner took off the original top shell and built his own cab -- can any of you help me identify the make of this?IMG012a.jpgIMG015a.jpgIMG013a.jpg

mgc1953, I d say you have a hustler bottom and innerds. deffenetly homemade top.
    nice machene have fun with it and welcome
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

Welcome MGK. Congrats on the new machine. To me it looks like a Hustler, but I could be wrong. Best thing to do is start a new thread and put "what is it" or help identifying machine" in the title. Some guys in the know don't really check this thread. If it is a Hustler there are several models and they may be able to pin it down to which one.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by mgc1953 View Post
    Hello All -- New to the site and the 6x6 experience -- did some trading and just picked up my first one -- I live in Utah and like to play with anything that has a motor. The guy I got it from didn't know much about it so I've done some digging here and other sites. This little buggy has the T-20 trans and a 18hp briggs. seems to run real good, need to make a few adjustments. From pictures I've seen it looks like a previous owner took off the original top shell and built his own cab -- can any of you help me identify the make of this?Attachment 6343Attachment 6344Attachment 6345

it is a "Hustler based machine". If the plastic of the lower tub is actually brown (under yellow paint) then it's a hustler. probably a 950 based on the 18hp briggs and the clerance between the tires and tub. If the plastic of the tub is actually yellow, then it would be a Sidewinder. after Hustler closed, someone bought all the remaining parts and had lower tubs molded in yellow. these were branded as sidewinder, but still carried the shift warning label from hustler on the upper body. here is a link to a thread discussing the sidewinder. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other...idewinder.html there seem to be quite a few of the sidewinder machines in colorado and utah so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what you've got
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Brian is right on the money. It looks like you've got a Sidewinder judging by the yellow lower body. Sidewinders were built by Clay Ratcliffe in Evergreen, Colorado. They are basically a Hustler 950 made with different colored bodies.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

You guys are great!! It would definately be the sidewinder cuz the innards are yellow too -- would like to put it back original but I would imagine finding an original top half would probably be impossible

the sidewinder tops look to be a little lighter brown, but you might find a top tub from a hustler 950 and be a lot closer than you are now. try posting a wanted ad here on the site and see what you can come up with.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Hi everybody my name is Tony and I am about to purchase my first amphibious vechicle i am leaning towards the 750 Hdi 8 wheeler for my intro.I am looking from input from other owners to tell me how this model has served them. The country I will be using the machine in is very boggy with huge marshes and was wondering how this particular model will cope with such a harsh environment.Any info would be greatly appreciated.thanks Tony

+ Reply to Thread