New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 214 of 722 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 264 314 714 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Hi Mike ,guys & gals.

I'll be cruising around here a bit to find tips , how to's & other info on my brothers Max II.
    It's a 2001 I think & we dig it , but we need to know more about it.

Very cool spot here,

cheers !

Jorge
    You can call Recreatives and if you tell them your serial number they'll tell you the year and other details about your machine. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    You can call Recreatives and if you tell them your serial number they'll tell you the year and other details about your machine. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511
    Cool , I may snag a manual too. I bought a bag of plugs from them 2 weeks ago.

Thanx !

Hello All!!.

I am new here and also a now proud owner of a 1973 ATTEX 440 Thunder chief. I've wanted one for years, and finally obtained one on a trade. Shes in rought shape but runs and came with all five lug wheels. I just need to get some tech advice and get some wheel adapters because only two of my originals hold air, then We will be going! I've rode Quads and Three wheelers now for ten years. I'm really looking forward to a this new challenge!

Welcome aboard! I love the 440 Thunderchiefs too...........my D/stock racer is actually one. These were actually the fastest AATVs built at the time. Put some pictures up if you could, we'd love to see it! There's a template for making your own 3 to 5 lug adapters here:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...l-adapter.html

And here's a picture of my 440 Thunderchief racer.....it still needs the side stripes to complete the look.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Howdy all, Just now joined up. I plan to buy an ATV/UTV/AMFIB in the near future but I need to learn about them first. I plan to use it for icefishing and as I have a yellow streak up my back, something that floats makes me feel safer. I fish, hunt, take photos and videos, play Mousehunt and Mafia Wars on the computer/internet and enjoy researching information on the web while having my morning coffee. I belong to Western Wayne County Conservation Association where I enjoy Cowboy Action Shooting, Cowboy Fast Draw and blackpowder shooting among other stuff.

Welcome to the site sourdoughsteve. Use the search function to do a little research on the different vehicles and check out some of the videos too. You will find that most amphibs are very capable machines and a lot comes down to persona preference. Everyone has their favorite brand machine. I would suggest sticking to a t-20 machine if your looking at older machines. Also consider what the body is made out of. HDPE is a good material for resisting damage but need plastic welded back together if (and its hard to do) you crack it. Poly body's crack easier, but are much easier to patch. Hydrostat's like the Argo loose some power through the transmission, but still get the job done. Take the time to research it and don't get to over excited and just buy the first one you see for sale.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Hello to all I am new on here and have an old amphicat model # 500120 as far as I could tell. the person that gave it to me has cut the body off and I would like to rebuild it. I would like to find a place to get a new body for this so if any one could help I would like that and thanke you all for I have the parts manual I printed off of here.

Hi panther, welcome to the site. For the body, you should post an ad in the wanted forum on the site. Someone may have one laying around that they want to part with. If not, you may end up having to buy a parts machine just for the body, but those pop up from time to time so keep your eyes on ebay and Craigslist.

Hi everybody...My names Tom & I'm from Sacramento Ca. 59 yrs. old & I've been looking around off & on for about the last 5 years for a beater Argo to rob the skid steer out of & do a frame up custom build...Well about a year ago, my current employer asked me what kind of motorcycle I had in the back of my pickup because it has drive chains on both wheels & the tires are Maxis Bighorns...(grin)...told him it was a Rokon trail bike & I enjoyed off road trail riding & going places many/most can't & that I was also looking for an Argo to add to the stable...imagine my surprise when he piped up & said he had one that he'd sell me. Said he wanted $800 for it so I went to look at it (sitting in overgrown weeds) on the edge of an orchard...the back plastic on the tub had been sawz-all'd off, all 6 tires were flat, drive chains were rusted....hmmm. No thanks....Well a year goes by & I'm still looking so I mention to him that I'll give him $200 for it...he grinned & said go get it...
    Well I managed to winch it up on a trailer & get it home...now the fun starts...got it dis assembled yesterday down to the bottom tub & frame & NOW I'm gonna be looking for ya'lls input & expertise to help me build this into a nice aatv...

Tom

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Welcome to the forums Tom! Well... tell us a little about what you're wanting to build and you'll definitely get some feedback. Seems that we here have an obsession with doing our own mods and several have done the unthinkable and built their own machines from the ground up. Look at BW6's Bushwhackers- some of the best work I've seen. Several others come to mind, and Matt O. elevated his to a business- can you say MUDDOX! But the BEST thing about this site is that we also love to share our ideas, thoughts and help/advice, the people here make up the BEST ATV site on the web! So If you are into the do-it-yourself thing well... maybe we should say: Welcome Home!

+ Reply to Thread