New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 205 of 722 FirstFirst ... 105 155 195 203 204 205 206 207 215 255 305 705 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Quote Originally Posted by MadJack View Post
    Thanks all for the welcome and info. I work in the construction industry and will be done for the season, cant lay asphault over snow, lol. I will start the deconstruction phase on the centepede this winter to get a better idea of just how bad things are. I will try to take plenty of pictures along the way, both to post and for referance purposes. I will be giving it a shot at repairing this thing mainly for the coolness of it and not seeing many of them around here. Might even take it to some car shows with my 74 Dodge Challenger i am also restoring. Let the work begin.
    Sounds good, keep us updated! And a 74 Challenger.......Ooooooo I love those E body Mopars! I'd trade you for one of my 6 wheelers, haha.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hello to all. I am new to the 6X6 community. My son and I purchased an Action Age Scrambler locally yesterday. The unit is in need of repair. Motor is out and disassembled, got another 8hp engine and a running 440 snowmobile engine with it. The machine seems to be in decent shape but mechanically will be completely gone through. Where can I get the best manuals for this machine? I want to get the machine running with the original set-up, then later look into swapping out w/ the 440 snowmobile engine. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi dsmicro2, welcome to the site and congratulations on your Scrambler. There are a couple of manuals submitted by members here on the site in the manual section: Scrambler ATV Manual

hi all i am new to the site, my name is Brian and i am new to the hustler 6x6 thing. so i am asking for some help please. I just got one with a bombardier 340 motor in it.. There is no numbers on it so i dont no what i have. i will try to get a few pics of it today.
    been doing alot of reading on here and this is a very good site.

Hey Brian, welcome to the site. I look forward to seeing pictures of your Hustler.

Hello everyone,

My name is Scott & I lime in Pottsville, PA.
    I have been considering a 6x6 or 8x8 for some time and have been trying to do some research to help educate myself a little before deciding on which one. (this may have been a mistake because I am now more confused than ever :-) )

I am leaning heavily toward an 8x8 although I like the utility aspect of the Max Buffalo.
    Is the Buffalo under powered for its size and ability to haul?

I mostly want it for play but it is easier to tell myself I can use it for some work also ha,ha.
    I will want to be able to push snow for sure though.

I am considering argo & mudd ox also.
    The mudd ox site has virtually no specs or information, I have read here that there is a diesel version but can find nothing about it.

The transmission/driveline differences are also most confusing.

Argo seems to have a new one, not sure what improvement it made or how it differs from the MAX T-20(?) Is it similar now?

Mudd-ox seems to have some sort of hydraulic to chain hybrid drive system, again not a lot of details on their site. In their defense I emailed them & they got back to me same day asking me to call them to discuss, which I will do. I had hoped to get something in black & white that I could use to compare to the Argo & Max specs though.

I have a Steiner tractor that is hydraulic drive & has been trouble free for 12+ years but there are no chains involved.

My Father had a Ranger 6x6 side by side with a dump bed & plow It's been decent but he has had clutch problems. I'm not sure pushing snow is a good thing for it's drivetrain.

I also came across HydroTraxx, Hydrotrek, Land Tamer, Kid, Balrog,Triton & a few others that have very little info out there.

Most of the information I have been able to find is either MAX or Argo.

I have looked & hoped to find some sort of up to date comparison chart somewhere -- no luck.

I would like to purchase in the next month or so but how do I decide with limited knowledge?

I have babbled on enough for now.

Thank You,

Scott
    struggling with what to buy

hey im Jesse, I live in northern michigan, where i can play in everything from 5'+ of snow in the winter, to the thickest nastiest swamps known to man. I'm thinkin bout gettin a 6X6 Mud Buddy from an old boy down the road. I wanna put tracks on it but im not sure. Im new at this stuff so if yall have any suggestions or tips i would like to hear em. If yall know anything bout Mud Buddy 6x6's i definately wanna hear what ya have to say bout em.

Scott and Jesse, welcome to the site. Scott, I am going to copy your post out to the general 6x6 forum for better exposure / answers to your questions. Jesse, Do you have a picture of the Mud Buddy? Is that the brand or model, or is that just what someone is calling it?

With 5 feet of snow though, you will probably want tracks on whatever 6x6 you get.

Whats up from Maine! Just bought an argo response and joined this forum cuz I know nothing about these badass machines! One major question is, what should I not do? or what hurts/breaks these 8x8's? Ive been riding 4wheelers and dirtbikes my whole life, and like to push machines to its limit but dont want to make stupid expensive repairs if I can avoid them. thanks!

Hi! I've been researching the 6x6 and 8x8's for a while now. I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon as soon as I'm comfortable with my future decision.
    I MAY end up going custom-everything out there seems to have it's high points however no ONE machine seems to have it ALL. (Except maybe BWII's beast!)
    My dream machine, based on what I've learned would have 25 horsepower, T20, Dual sprocket setup, solid axels, 26" mud lights and room for 4 adults (I'm 6'3) and their rifles. 35-40 MPH
    I would use it for Hunting, plowing snow, and having some fun weekends with the family. The Max IV catches my attention but unless the Buffalo Truck and the Max IV have a baby there wouldn't be enough room for gear?? Seems like the Argo is better geared for hunting- don't like the Differential steering theory though.
    The other people in my group run the Ranger and Rhino UTV's. Is there a trail comparison between the 6x6 and these? I'ld appreciate any opinions and guidance you all could provide and thank you for bringing so much information into one area!

+ Reply to Thread