2011 Argo Frontier 8x8 with Adair Tracks - The Beast is Here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2011 Argo Frontier 8x8 with Adair Tracks - The Beast is Here

Bud, there's a lot of eroded river bed to cross to get to the trails, it's solid limestone an rock, which would scratch your tracks. I think you'd have a lot more fun on just tires.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Bud, there's a lot of eroded river bed to cross to get to the trails, it's solid limestone an rock, which would scratch your tracks. I think you'd have a lot more fun on just tires.
    That makes sense.

I thought for a minute there that you were worried that I would get into the deep mud and run off and leave you.

Awesome looking machine I could put it to use hunting the Great Cedar swamp over here. What is the differance between the Frontier 8x8 and the avenger 750HDi? does the Frontier have mthe newer transmission? how much do those tracks cost/ Can they be gotten seperately or only as part of a vehicle purchase?

Jack

The 8x8 Frontier has the 23 hp air-cooled Briggs and does not have the Admiral transmission. As a result it weighs a couple hundred pounds less than the Admiral equipped HD that also has a water cooled engine.

I was looking for as light a footprint as possible for better flotation in deep mud, hence my choice.

The tracks are competitively priced. Out of respect for the forum rules, I will send you a pm.

Bud

Nice looking machine! You should have many years of fun.

Thanks Lewis. It has been so dry here that I have not had a chance to put this thing to any worthwhile test, but it is fun to drive.

The controls adn dynamics are a lot different from my Max II. I am a 'way better driver in the Max, but am slowly getting up to speed in the Argo.

The Beast does look very good.
    I almost had a set of those tracks ordered a couple weeks ago, but then I blew the EGR Cooler in my truck. Price to fix the truck was almost exactly the same as the tracks from Adair......minus the shipping.
    Had to fix the truck

RD

[QUOTE=Rock Doctor " I almost had a set of those tracks ordered a couple weeks ago, but then I blew the EGR Cooler in my truck. Price to fix the truck was almost exactly the same as the tracks from Adair......minus the shipping.
    Had to fix the truck "

Rock Doctor

I know that you were really disappointed when that happened. For the kind of riding that you do , these tracks will work great. I love mine on my Mudd-ox.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    [ I know that you were really disappointed when that happened. For the kind of riding that you do , these tracks will work great. I love mine on my Mudd-ox.
    I was actually, but I was also happy that it was the EGR Cooler, and not the Head Gasket like I thought it was. I got them to fire that EGR Cooler system into the garbage and put the Bypass kit in. Should be all good now.

As for the Tracks.........I now have 4 sets of them (Standard 13" Plastic, 2 sets of Supertracks, and a set of 14" Rubber ones) (New to me Conquest just came with 2 sets). I have a couple guys interested, so if I can sell a couple sets I still might get with the program and look ar the Adair's again

RD

Rock Doctor

My friends and I think that when you get a set of the Adair tracks on your Argo ,you,ll become as postive about them as you are with the Argo Frontier tires. After you,ve had these tracks on your Argo for a while, and your friends with Argo,s see how well they perform on your machine, I,m very sure they,ll become converts themselves.

+ Reply to Thread