Clutch spacer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Clutch spacer

The vibration may be caused by a worn spot on the belt. I smoked a belt at Busco and it acted like you are describing.

Thanks for the info eightwheeler. I will be sure to go easy. the primary was changed in 06 with 500 hrs on it, according to the last owners records. hopefully they used some anti-sieze. It won't happen to soon with Christmas so close. My P.T. time is nil. As for your theory liflod, you may be right. The belt looks fine. Maybe Santa could throw me a new belt under the tree so I could try it out. I have been running with no spare so it wouldn't hurt. It all started one spring Sunday morning when my wife and I planned on taking the tracks off and drive around the lake. The lake was mostly bare ice with some snow patches which was pretty much slush. I noticed this new vibration about 20 minutes into the ride. We never had much of a chance to investigate as it started to snow with golfball size flakes which stuck to the windshield and blanketed the lake, HIDDEN SLUSH SPOTS.
    Lets just say there is not much to hook a winch to out there. Her face was priceless when we fetched up. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. No shovel,just chainsaw and axe we went to shore grabbed some fir boughs and started ramming them inbehind the wheels to get us out of this cement like substance. The axe is not meant for shoveling.
    Sorry, got carried away there. I am going to have to tear the tranny apart regardless to fix the low range so if it's not the belt hopefully i'll catch it in the rebuild. If I could just find the right time and enough courage. An Argo dealer quoted $800 over the phone as long as I took it out myself, which is a piece of cake seeing as I already had it out last year.

+ Reply to Thread