help finding tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: help finding tires

The trouble you will get into is not many tires swim worth a flip. If you want something besides the rawhides, you have to be careful and take your time reading and searching about what works specifically on a bigfoot. Otherwise, you may end up like a lot of us, spending $ on tires that don't work. So don't be in a hurry to order tires, wait for a good reference on a tire.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

Thats what I was trying for. What I really wanted out of this thread was what people have on there aatv's, what they have tried and what they like the most for what types of conditions.
    So please guys let us know.

I have some beat vup Rawhide111's that are good all rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by Castro View Post
    ok so i am going to do these Super Swamper VAM-17 - Interco Super Swamper ATV Vampire Tires - Overview - SummitRacing.com can some one conferm they fit and the mounting that I should do on my argo bigfoot? Is there any down side to these?
    I have theses on a Honda Foreman (I iknow its only a 4 wheeler but Im 6x6 poor at the momentlol) but I will say this for them, in the mud they will dig to china in a hurry. But they are heavy and robbed some power from it, so I had to put a jet kit on the bike to get the power back. and watch out for hard surfaces they wear quick.. And good luck!

I'm not a fan of the rawhides either.. however, with a set of Mudd Ox wheels, a new set of rawhides will stay mounted no matter how low the air pressure. That will change the whole vehicle/tire experience. With 2 psi or less, the tires will flex, = "suspension" more tire contact, and a ride quality you have not experienced before. The mudd ox wheels are the same 9x10 as the argo wheels.

How do i get my hands on the ox wheels? They are bead locked?

Not bead locks in the conventional sense, but they're built different so the tire bead fits snug. Someone will have to post Matt's phone # for you.

These look nice, any thoughts on tread form
    SUPER GRIP SUPER LIGHT

Mudd Ox tried them, no swim, soft ride, good traction.

What did he try them on? When you say no swim did they swim slowly, cause loss of direction or what? Also did he try reversing the middle set?

they were on an 8 wheel mudd ox. I think it would move, but that's about it. Don't know if he staggered the tires.

+ Reply to Thread