New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 722 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 645 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

Hey guys very new to the 6x6 world. Been riding dirtbikes and 4 wheelers for 25 years. Just bought my first 6 wheeler about 1 week ago a 96 Max IV, for 2000 dollars. Since then I've put the spare belt that came with the machine because the clutch wasn't opening all the way and there was alot of play. I've straightened the forward, reverse linkage so now it goes in gear much better going to adjust the chains tomorrow. Sprockets look good, there is no play in the bearings, 5 bolt solid axles, greased all of the fittings I could find. It already has a heated throttle cable. I'm going to put biggest tires on itI can, when I figure out what a good mud tire to use which will float and climb hills well. Im not real concerned with how fast it will go I like to climb hills and mud, if the 16 hp motor doesn't have enough torque to climb well I'm going to gear it down a little just a couple of teeth. I think I'm going to rebuild the trans before I take it to far since it hasn't been rebuilt yet. Any suggestions on where to get the best price on a rebuild kit would be great. Any Ideas on what else I should check out on the machine I'm open to suggestions or criticism of what I've done so far. Well my name is Adam and I live in Akron Ohio.

Hey Adam, welcome to the site and congratulations on your Max. For the rebuild kit just call the factory and order one. It's only ~ $50 or so. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511 Also there is a complete rebuild article in our how-to section on the front page of the site that walks you through the process so you can see what's involved. If you are looking to gear down that would be a good time to do so while you have the T20 apart. You can replace the T20 sprockets (assuming you have 15 tooth ones) with 13 tooth ones for more torque. Talk to Dan or Jay at the factory and they can help you out further.

welcome to the site Adam. hope to see some pics of that max IV sounds like you got a great deal on it
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

Hey all,
    im a 22 year old bloke from Australia and use 8x8 Avengers alongside my dad in our all terrain contracting business
    As you can see i've just joined up and am looking forward to throwing some pics up of our rigs, i myself have an 07 model Avenger with tracks and dad has the newer EFi avenger also with tracks, we've done some pretty extensive bar-work on our machines mainly to deter crocadiles in Far North Queensland where were usually based for work, mainly we spray noxious weeds in waterways (lagoons, creeks etc).
    Before i go posting massive pictures and using up all space on the site can someone tell me roughly wat size pic to throw up?
    Look forward to meeting some new people and getting some info.
    Jim

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7884/pic0582t.jpg - Dads rig
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7158/1608081116.jpg - My rig
    Both argo's are fitted with Warn 1700 Pound winches, that haven't been used since we threw the tracks on.
    Last edited by Mike; 02-21-2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: deleted link to business

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the site. Those are some mean looking Argos that you have. The low bars make it look very unique. Any size picture is fine to upload to the gallery as long as it is under 3MB. The site will resize it for you automatically. Look forward to seeing some more pictures.

Welcome Jim!!!
    Those picturse are awesome. I love your machines!!!

Are you guys hiring? I would love to move over there and drive an argo around for a living.

welcome to the site Jim those are some great looking Argos hope to see more pics in the future
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

Cheers for the warm welcome felluhs, ive thrown some pics up in the gallery section for you to have a geeze at, just found the thread about suspension on argo's and dads pretty keen on outlaying money for it, just need to get some prices etc, any help would be appreciated. Were starting a job tomorrow that involves living off the argoes in some remote river areas in central west area of NSW in Australia, shoul be good challenging work. Take care guys, all the best.

Name is obryan I'm in oklahoma I bought me a 70's model scrambler I'm not sure about the working order
    Of the trans would like 2 ask a few questions so I can start riding

Hi O'Bryan, welcome to the site and congratulations on the purchase of your Scrambler.

+ Reply to Thread