New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 722 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 605 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

welcome

Welcome Merle. I relatively new to these the site too, but if you posts some pics I'm sure someone will know what it is. By the way, I'm in meadville and have a Attex Tomahawk if you ever want to go riding sometime.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Welcome to the forums!

merle lewis and Cole Anger

Big welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by coleanger View Post
    Hi my name is Cole Anger and im new to the site. I own two amphibious vechicles one is a 1971 jiger versatrek and the other is a 1978 argo 6x6. Theres nothing like an amphibious vehicle!! I live in clifford ontario and im 18 years old.
    Welcome aboard!!! You should post some info/pictures/video on your jiger! Neat little machines and not many around.

Quote Originally Posted by mepa View Post
    my name is merle lewis 66yrs old i live near erie pa retired machinest-tool maker(mainly thermo form industry). igot first aatv last winter-old argo that irestored and sold .i haveapoly body attex-green that is near perfect-nno holes or cracks 95%restored 1thunderchief-1max2 ineed t get starded on.polybody has large headlights-4chains no decals anyone have a clue what it is.thanks--tou guys are right these little s.o.b.s. bring thier friends.
    Also welcome aboard.

Im pretty sure all poly bodies are 4 chain. I about 95% sure so could be wrong. Do you know what motor was in it? Do you have any guages or fuel gage? Electric start?

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Welcome aboard!!! You should post some info/pictures/video on your jiger! Neat little machines and not many around.

Also welcome aboard.

Im pretty sure all poly bodies are 4 chain. I about 95% sure so could be wrong. Do you know what motor was in it? Do you have any guages or fuel gage? Electric start?
    Larry is right, every poly body used a 4 chain frame. The 6 chain frames came in the ST model Attexes (with ABS bodies).
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Smile Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by mepa View Post
    my name is merle lewis 66yrs old i live near erie pa retired machinest-tool maker(mainly thermo form industry). igot first aatv last winter-old argo that irestored and sold .i haveapoly body attex-green that is near perfect-nno holes or cracks 95%restored 1thunderchief-1max2 ineed t get starded on.polybody has large headlights-4chains no decals anyone have a clue what it is.thanks--tou guys are right these little s.o.b.s. bring thier friends.
    i try to help. hehehee welcome Merle

My name is Dennis and I am from Southwest lower Michigan. I am looking to purchase a 6x6 or 8x8 or perhaps a project vehicle. I want to know thew differences and the qualities of each before I jump in with both feet. I also want to know what the maintenance costs will likely be. I have been reading this forum for a few days and have found a lot of information. I would be interested in if you guys may have a used one or a project for sale?
    Thanks
    dennisg

Quote Originally Posted by dennisg View Post
    My name is Dennis and I am from Southwest lower Michigan. I am looking to purchase a 6x6 or 8x8 or perhaps a project vehicle. I want to know thew differences and the qualities of each before I jump in with both feet. I also want to know what the maintenance costs will likely be. I have been reading this forum for a few days and have found a lot of information. I would be interested in if you guys may have a used one or a project for sale?
    Thanks
    dennisg
    Welcome Dennis!!! Best bet is to drive some first hand and get a feel for each machine. Your pretty close to me and I wouldnt mind you testing out one of my machines. I also know a guy with an argo and Im sure he wouldnt mind either. Or you can wait for ashtubula time or some meeting of amphibs and take a gander at them all. Other then test driving I guess you just need to research each machine.

Once you have a good running machine maintenance isn't that expensive most of the time. Maybe belt, chain, tire or bearing. Little more if you run into trany or engine problems. Tires are a big investment if you need all 6 or 8.

You should visit the ebay/craigslist classified section. Frequently a couple of use members just scan everything and post all the good deals we find.

Welcome to the site and good luck on your hunt!

Smile Introduction

Hello, just discovered this site and this 77 yr. old is having a great time reading and learning. Not even a basic mechanical background but willing to learn.
    I have a Max IV (1996) and enjoy using it. Little things occasionally crop up and need attention which I try to take care of with my limited ability.
    This old Georgia boy will check this site very frequently. Thanks to all who share their knowledge!

rebojo

Hi rebojo, since you are close to NC, you should come join us for a ride that we have coming up soon in Goldsboro, NC. See this thread for more: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trail...usco-ride.html

Welcome to the site.

+ Reply to Thread