changing barrings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: changing barrings

changing barrings

i have a 1973 attex 252 colt,i need to change the outer axle barring i think thats what its called,its the barring that goes on the outside of the body and the axle slides through,i have the floor and every thing out of the way,know do you just take the nut and bolt that goes through the axles next to the sprocket and slide it out,your help would be great and does anyone know where to get barrings and the flanges thanks randy.

You have to take the nut and bolt out of the sprocket and then get the axle free from the inner bearing as well. Your best place to get bearings would be Buffalo Bearing. I believe the part number is HC 205-16. It is a 52mm OD bearing with a 1" inner race and an eccentric locking collar. Make sure you get a tripple sealed bearing, but if you can't find a tripple sealed at least get a double sealed. Their number is 716-874-1720. Tell them that Jeff with the 6 wheelers sent you and they'll be sure to take good care of you. I'd imagine that you could get the bearing flanges from them as well. Good luck with it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

barring change

thanks alot just got it apart,pulled on it 2 times with my hands came right out,now time to clean the axle up,thanks again.

Glad to help! You're lucky it came apart that easily. Make sure you put some kind of anti sieze stuff on it when you put it back together so it comes apart easily again if you need to do any more work in the future. I just had to take 4 axles, cut them, heat them with a torch twice each and hit them with a sledge hammer repeatidly to get them loose.....and that was after soaking them in oil for 3 days. But then again I've had ones that came apart with a couple easy taps of the hammer. Ah well, you win some you lose some. Glad to hear it was an easy job.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread