MAX II belt replacement

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MAX II belt replacement

MAX II belt replacement

This is probably a dead horse, but....

Back in 2016, after I got my MAX II, I had power issues, and after a few posts, I thought that I might have to replace my belt, but I found that by adjusting my belt, as it was not badly worn, I was able to get better power.

However, now, several years later, I find my belt is 1 1/16" or less and is due for replacement. I looked back at previous posts, and at one time Mike told me that there was info in the user manual on how to replace the belt. After having found that link again, and re-reading it and the user manual, I only see information on how to adjust belt tension.

I then found a link to an older post by Mike on MAX II engine replacement, including photos.

I have looked at my machine, and this is what I think needs to be done. Correct me if I am wrong.

1) loosen two nuts on the anti-flex mount bracket
    2) loosen and remove the 4 engine mount bolts.
    3) it appears that I will have to also loosen and remove the 4 exhaust manifold nuts/bolts and totally disconnect the exhaust.
    4) lift engine off the mounts and move forward and to the side to allow belt removal.

It appears the reverse is done after installation, then adjust belt tension, and tighten engine mount bolts and anti-flex mount nuts.

And on a related note, to what value should engine mount bolts and manifold bolts/nuts be torqued, if known.

Now I am really looking forward to doing this task! I can imagine with a new belt, my MAX II will have new life!

I have plenty of time, and I am in no rush, so I will wait for some confirmation, before proceeding further.
    Thanks to everyone in advance. This forum is truly a knuckle saver.
    Last edited by hipowerone; Today at 03:10 PM. Reason: To check torque value and correct URL

+ Reply to Thread