Broken throttle cable tip.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken throttle cable tip.

Broken throttle cable tip.

One time while out fishing I broke a throttle cable on my IV. Luckily I had a long handled net with. So I hooked the net to the carburetor and pulled the handle and alternated between that and the sticks lol. It wasn?t pretty but it got me home. Another time I ended up using fishing line. So now I just run a spare cable alongside the other one. If it breaks I just have to hook up each end. Hopefully someone can benefit from this.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

great idea ... i sure remember trying to get back home after same thing , trying to operate throttle with my right hand on carb and steer with left . took a long time and my hand got pretty warm . you never know when they may snap . jboy

Lol. Yup. We’ve all been there.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread