Argo Frontier or MaxII (buying new)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Frontier or MaxII (buying new)

Argo Frontier or MaxII (buying new)

I have decided I'm going to buy a new 6X6 instead of buying used. I like the look of the MaxII better than the Argo Frontier, but wanted to get some honest opinions of both. I like the fact that the Argo Frontier seats 4 and the steering system looks easier if operating with 2 people side by side. Also, it comes with 24" tires and has slightly more clearance. I actually spoke with the owner of MuddOxx/Max (Matt) and he seems to be a great person to deal with. The Argo dealer is actually in Virginia (Fredericksburg) just a couple hours away which makes it more convenient. Argo and Max are both having a "Spring sale" and are very close in price. The Argo in the water seems like the front dips way down due to the motor forward design, and the Max seems to be better suited for the water (sits level anyway). Any opinions or information in comparing the 2 is much appreciated. RR

hey recon.. , just wondering where you are in va. ? i'm in front royal area. you should get alot of good feedback on this site regarding each machine. i have always had the max 2's. i think alot of it boils down to mainly what will you be using it for and what kind of terrain, etc. they are both great machines. also if you will be carrying more than 2 people mostly. good luck and keep us posted. johnboy va,

I live in Chesterfield which is just south of Richmond. I will mainly be using the 6X6 for recreation and will normally just be me and the wife riding it. Having the option for 4 is nice with the Frontier (I have a lot of nephews and nieces). The terrain around here is mostly flat with a lot of low swampy areas. I also have a lot of relatives in the western mountains of Virginia (Smyth County) which is steep, rocky terrain. I'll surely post some pics when I decide on what to get. I was considering buying a used one, but they are pretty rare around here and do not come up for sale often. The ones I have seen for sale have been in rough shape. RR

Both machines are fine specimens of capable AATVs, I don't think you can go wrong with either. I have owned several of each, and at no time in the past could you get such well equipped and capable machines, for what I feel are at competitive pricing. Each will have solid axles, good chains and bearings, well thought out controls, strong frames, and EFI engines.

Let us know what you end up with.

Noel is right on the money. It's really a hard choice and will come down to personal preference. I think you should try to drive both first and see which one you like. If you can't find one locally to drive, you could show up at a ride like Busco Beach. It's not too far from you. I'm sure a member would let you at least bum a ride and you could probably drive too.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 03:12 PM.

Recon, I actually live in Powhatan and have a Max IV. Once you figure out what you want, we should get together and ride. I will be at Busco with this group and I would suggest you visit. It would be the best way to make a decision. It takes about 3 hours to get there from here.
    Borrowing tools is for the weak.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2000 Max IV, 25hp Kohler Command, 26" Titan Tru Power AT's
    1996 Max IV, 18hp Briggs, 24" Serwas
    1998 Max IV (project in waiting)
    1995/1999 Max II, 16hp Briggs, 21" Rawhides
    Hustler 950 (Project in waiting)

+ Reply to Thread