Maximum wheel/tire size for a stock Vanguard II?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Maximum wheel/tire size for a stock Vanguard II?

Maximum wheel/tire size for a stock Vanguard II?

Recently bought a Vanguard II, all original, tires are in pretty good shape but when I do replace them I'd like to upsize to the extent possible for more ground clearance. What is the max tire size I can put on this machine without modifying it? Thanks!

Vanguard 2's are the same frame and lower body as the Bigfoot and Conquest, so 25 inch tires are useable, have a set on mine I run at Busco. I usually run the 22 inch Rawhide 3's but Busco is very rutted from the big tired quads and a little extra ground clearance helps so I put the 25's on.

I tried to put the 25" Rawhide III's from my Bigfoot on a buddy's Conquest and while there was ample tub clearance, the tires would touch in the middle because of the Conquests wheelbase.

The standard stock tire size is 22x10-8. It appears the 24's and 25's out there require a larger wheel size? What is the width? Please provide the full tire/wheel size for the 25's you guys are running on a Vangaurd II or same, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gaustin70 View Post
    Recently bought a Vanguard II, all original, tires are in pretty good shape but when I do replace them I'd like to upsize to the extent possible for more ground clearance. What is the max tire size I can put on this machine without modifying it? Thanks!
    If I am not mistaken the earlier Vanguard models had the 24" axle spacing and the later models had the Bigfoot axle spacing. I had a 1997 Vanguard II and it had the 24" spacing and the 2002 (?) I had had the Bigfoot spacing. Just measure your axle spacing.

^Thorn is right Bigfoots were on a different class than the vanguards but they did get changed over at the end of their models
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

These are 22x11-8, one inch wider than the stock tires, anyone ever tried this type of tire on a 6x6?

ITP Mud Lite Atv Tires

If you will use the search here in the tire forum, you will find several threads with reports from members who have tried them. Here's a couple to get you started:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...p-mudlite.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/tire-...e-25x12x9.html

I think I'll stick with the stock tires for now, thanks for the help and links.

+ Reply to Thread