Argo HDI wheel stud

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo HDI wheel stud

Argo HDI wheel stud

So I am taking my new to me 2011 HDI out for a leisurely ride along my favorite power line trail. As I drop into a mud hole I hear a snap and low and behold I discover I have broken off all 5 wheel studs on my right front wheel. I believe the Argo part no. is
    112-183 and the stud size is 7/16-20 x 1.5

Is this an Argo only part or should I be able to find them at my local auto part store?

Thanks for any input or help!

holy crap were you on top of the power line when you dropped into the mud hole?
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

A lot of older Chevy's used 7/16 studs the knurled area may be hard to find. Did it have tracks with spacers?

Yes it does have the 18" rubber tracks and spacers on the machine.

I find the stud extensions break on the tracked vehicles if not torqued well. Book said 50 ft. Lb. I've started using 65 and retorquing often. The extension studs are Argo only. I've also been using Adair welded spacers and getting away from the long studs. Torque all your wheels and set tire pressure when you get it fixed. Good luck

Thanks for the tips . I have only had the machine a few days and have zero experience with rubber tracks . It looks like I will pick up some of the welded spacers and maybe some track tuners as well and get her dialed in .

I sheared the studs on hdi axles too recently at 1:30am an hour from the truck, we managed to make a temporary repair to get us back - we couldn't take the tracks off and drive as I am running Adair track turners. I have now upgraded to the Adair welded spacers. Unfortunately I have never had time to try them out but I will hopefully within the next few weeks and report back.

+ Reply to Thread