New Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New Hustler

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    That looks like the inner race of the trashed bearing to me.
    Should it just pull off??

They should, but often need pressed off. If one gives me any trouble at all, I cut it on one or both sides. Then a few taps with a hammer and chisel, they fall right off.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Ill give that a try, also those stupid bolts pressed into the axle to hole the gears on, any tips on getting those out, theyve been pb blasted and git with a big hammer and they move about 1/4-1/2 inch and get stuck, ive even tried using a punch with the hammer and no luck.

If they have moved they will work out. Hit them back in and out a few times after generous lubrication and they will eventually go.

Ok, thanks for the advice

Just got new bearings ordered from Buffalo Bearings, good guys to work with but man it was pricey, Now the wait begins

Quote Originally Posted by bugeyed_99 View Post
    Just got new bearings ordered from Buffalo Bearings, good guys to work with but man it was pricey, Now the wait begins
    Very good guys, and you get what you pay for. They won't sell you standard bearings for the outers on our machines. The correct bearing is an r3 triple seal. You could pay less for standard bearings, but they won't last in our application and will need replaced sooner which means additional time working instead of playing. Don't get me wrong the r3 bearings are commonly stocked by most any bearing supplier, it's just the better version with additional seals. If you had to buy custom dealership only available bearings that would only work for model x quad or side by side of brand Z made from 2005-2007, imagine what it would cost.

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    If you had to buy custom dealership only available bearings that would only work for model x quad or side by side of brand Z made from 2005-2007, imagine what it would cost.
    Or that one overpriced place that sells low quality parts that hardly anyone buys from anymore.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread