can I run tracks on my "new" Hustler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: can I run tracks on my "new" Hustler

Quote Originally Posted by ygmir View Post
    Robio:

JP:
    I think I have another set of rims lined up, so , may keep two sets of tires for more versatility throughout the year.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks both for the info, and interest.
    Henry

That sure is nice if you have another set of rims lined up so you can switch them according to the terrain. Do they have tires on them too?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

two came with tires, with the Hustler.
    I have 5 ATC rims, same size. I have a machine shop at my house, so, I can change the bolt pattern............they all have the tires from my old Honda ATC's...........
    I wonder if they are to soft for my Hustler?
    did I just make a joke?
    Anyway,
    I'm looking forward, also, to making custom stuff for my Hustler, having a lathe, mills, welders, etc, etc........
    I am going to try to get a plastic welding tool........any suggestions?
    I'm thinking I'd rather weld the HDPE body on this than glue and patch, if I can.

thanks
    Henry:
    I don't know where I'm going, but, I'm on my way...........

Hey ygmir,

That is awesome having a shop at your house! You could build your own keyed axles or wheel extensions!

BTW, since you are not so concerned about the swimming ability of your tracks, there is a set of Argo tracks fairly cheap on the text classifieds of Route 6x6. They may work with your tires...one of the Argo guys could tell you. But I am sure that they work very well in the snow.

I also have a feeling that with your fabrication abilities, some different chain adjusters will be coming soon. That is one part of the Hustler that needs improving. Keep us posted and good luck.

steinel heat gun / plastic welder

Quote Originally Posted by ygmir View Post
    I'm looking forward, also, to making custom stuff for my Hustler, having a lathe, mills, welders, etc, etc........
    I am going to try to get a plastic welding tool........any suggestions?
    I'm thinking I'd rather weld the HDPE body on this than glue and patch, if I can.

thanks

I use the Steinel heat gun / plastic welder and it works great but I am sure there are other brands out there this one was not cheap . This one allows you variably adjust the temperature .

I find you just need to find the right plastic weld rods even if it states it works with HDPE try them on something that doesn’t show first.

It may be a bit tricky but at least you do not get a weld flash or have to ware glasses that are too dark to see threw
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

Boncrshr;
    I'm hoping to come up with some improvements, as I tear into things and understand them.......I'll be very glad to share what I learn......thanks for the thoughts, and, tip on the tracks, I'll check them out.

Robio:
    It will be weird to weld and see.........I'll look forward to figuring the plastic weld stuff out.

Thanks all for your help and interest,
    I hope I can be of assistance at some point, as well.
    Henry:
    I don't know where I'm going, but, I'm on my way...........

+ Reply to Thread