Conversation Between Don and awisewon

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Conversation Between Don and awisewon

1 Visitor Messages

1. Hoping you can help me here a bit Don everyone says your the expert. I just bought a Attex Superchief with the Chaparral g50b 494cc engine.
    the Past owner said they installed new pistons and rings bored 20 over and could not get it to start. spark was going in and out so I cleaned wire
    connections traced ever thing down and have good spark all the time just wont start or even try with fuel or either sprayed in cylinders. The compression is 80 psi on No:1 and No:2 is 90. If the No:1 is on the flywheel side of the engine. I have the points starting to open just BTDC only when I look at the flywheel moon key its at BDC for the number 1 its been many years that I worked on 2 strokes and I have had a number of Strokes myself so I am not as good, sharp or quick minded as I used to be. Anyway I guess my question is could the past owner some how installed the pistons 180 out of time.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1